Thursday, January 22, 2009

What I Learned Today - Mono is getting to be faster then .NET in some areas

Today I learned that Mono might be worth taking another look at, as it is proving to be (at least in some cases) faster then the Microsoft .NET runtime. This is all according to this article, which is alleging that Mono may be overtaking .NET in some critical categories. So I've downloaded Mono and I'm going to see how well it plays with some of the chunks of code I've written for other projects.

I also learned how to include audio and video in Silverlight, by using the MediaElement object, but I have been having a heck of a time getting it to play nice when I add the media elements programatically, instead of coding them right into the XML. Still wrestling with that one, so it's not my official WILT.

No comments: